Saturday, May 28, 2011

Review : THE CARRIE DIARIES by Candace Bushnell



This is Carrie Bradshaw pre Sex and the City. Living in Castlebury, Carrie has ambition - she always knew she wanted more. Yet, before reaching her goal of become a famous author, she has to navigate her way through senior year. With people haters like Donna LaDonna and Cynthia Viande around, surviving high school seems tough, until Sebastian Kydd came into the picture. Life becomes bearable, yet a best friend seemed to be jealous, and a betrayal is about to surface.

Overall, the novel is fast and light, with a storyline which eventually leads to Carrie arriving in New York. Interesting plot line with betrayals and romance and strong friendships keeps reeling you in. In Carrie's perspective, the novel is in a witty, humorous insight of the main character, sometimes dropping a few lines of wisdom. It doesn't hurt that Carries is so lovable, along with her loyal friends and nutty family. Looking past the sex talks, The Carrie Diaries is a piece to love. You'll get hooked watching Carrie developing into a woman while dealing with her family and her own emotions.

The cover is simple and pretty. I loved it at first sight!

Ratings : 4 stars

1 comment:

  1. I'm one of the few women on earth that has never gotten into Sex and the City, but this sounds like something I could enjoy.

    Hope you'll stop by my latest review:

    My review of Doomsday Book, by Connie Willis

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to my sweet heaven of words. Please, feel free to say anything, and leave a link if you want me to visit your blog. Have a nice a day, and keep reading written words! And do remember to leave me a message if you're following me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails