Saturday, February 12, 2011

Review : PRISONER OF ZENDA by Anthony Hope


Rudolf Rassendyll is a young man in 18th (or is it 19th) century London. He is 29 and he's unemployed. He goes to Ruritania in central Europe for a coronation and by accidence, he met King Rudolf the Fifth. Rudolf and the King are shocked by their near resemblance to each other and here enters the wicked Rupert of Hentzau and his plan to depose the King. At the same time, Rudolf falls in love with the beautiful Princess Flavia, whom King Rudolf is going to marry.

I read the simplified version of the text and boy, was it BORING! I always hadn't like to read simplified version of books, so maybe I was a little prejudiced. The language is simple and the plot boring that I fell asleep halfway through it, even when I'm not supposed to.

The cover : seriously?

Ratings : 2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to my sweet heaven of words. Please, feel free to say anything, and leave a link if you want me to visit your blog. Have a nice a day, and keep reading written words! And do remember to leave me a message if you're following me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails