Monday, March 7, 2011

In My Mailbox - 6 March

This is my first In My Mailbox post!
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.

Books I'd bought/ borrowed this week :

1. Beatrice and Virgil - Yann Martel
" This is the story of an extraordinary journey taken by a man named Henry. It begins with a mysterious parcel. It ends in a place that will make you think again about one of the most significant events of the twentieth century. It also involves a howler monkey, a donkey, an enigmatic taxidermist and a dog named Erasmus. Once you have finished reading it, it is impossible to forget."

2. Mercy - Jodi Picoult
" The police chief of a small Massachusetts town, Cameron McDonald , makes the toughest arrest of his life when his own cousin Jamie comes and confess that he has killed his terminally ill wife out of mercy.
       Now, a heated murder trial plunges the town into upheaval and drives a wedge into a contented marriage : Cameron, aiding a prosecution in its case against Jamie, is suddenly at odds with his devoted wife, Allie, who is seduced by the idea of a man so in love with his life that he'd grant all her wishes, even her wish to end her life. and when an inexplicable attraction leads to a shocking betrayal, Allie faces the hardest question of the heart : When does love cross the line of moral obligation? And what does it mean to truly love each other? "

 Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to my sweet heaven of words. Please, feel free to say anything, and leave a link if you want me to visit your blog. Have a nice a day, and keep reading written words! And do remember to leave me a message if you're following me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails