Thursday, June 30, 2011

Book Blogger Hop - 1 July

Book Blogger Hop


In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word!  This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to 
connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other,
and generally just share our love of books!

What keeps you reading beyond the first few pages of a book, and what makes you want to stop reading a book and put it back on the shelf?

Well, they just do. If you really need an answer, I would say action keeps me reading. Not battle scenes, but where the main character is finding out his/her problems and we could see future conflicts. And the language, of course. Hate boring scenes, extensive advises, cliches, too many smooches, slow pace and ridiculous characters(though I'd never read one so ridiculous I wanna put the book down).



6 comments:

  1. You know, this is such an interesting question, because a lot of times I'll put a book down, but only because of my own mood. Or a book that didn't work for me at one time might be the perfect read later. I do read a lot of fantasy and a smattering of sci-fi, but I like to mix things up and try other things regularly, just for variety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like lots of action too, that's why my fav genre is thriller/suspense.

    I agree with Madigan too, sometimes I'll read a book and not like it much, but later I'll read it again and think it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really not a fan or boring scenes either. There needs to be something going on to keep my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jez! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! When a story is slow it's hard to stay interested, usually I set it aside and read something else and then come back in the hopes that something will happen and things will pick up:) Glad to be a new follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Action definitely makes a book more enjoyable! Great answer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too much kissing. I didn't include that one on my list but I have stopped books for that too. For the books that I'm stashing in rooms, I read in short bursts. To keep reading them I must be able to remember where I am even if I've only read a couple pages or haven't been able to read in days. Come see how I decide what to keep reading and what to stop.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to my sweet heaven of words. Please, feel free to say anything, and leave a link if you want me to visit your blog. Have a nice a day, and keep reading written words! And do remember to leave me a message if you're following me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails