Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Waiting On Wednesdays - June 8


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

 My pick for the week:  
The much awaited Inheritance by Christopher Paolini, coming out on November 8, 2011. Eragon is simply wonderful. Brisingr is still on my TBR list since I bought it last year but come on, 1000+ pages? I know, I know, I have to find a week to read Brisingr.

Synopsis from Amozon:
Not so very long ago, Eragon—Shadeslayer, Dragon Rider—was nothing more than a poor farm boy, and his dragon, Saphira, only a blue stone in the forest. Now the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders.

Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chances.

The Rider and his dragon have come further than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaësia? And if so, at what cost?

So, what's your WoW pick this week?

5 comments:

  1. Just hopping by.... I think Eragon was the first book I never finished. I just couldn't get the hang of the different language and complicated setting. o_O

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    This book sounds very interesting.
    It's great to have something to look forward to, even though the wait can be hard.

    Thank you for sharing.

    I'm a new follower^^
    I hope you will follow back.

    My WOW for today

    Have a great day!

    Mysteriousbooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pick! Love dragons!!

    Paranormal Wastelands' Wow
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive read one book by paoliniand enjoyed it even though its out of my genre. Great pick! Thanks for visiting my blog for the WOW hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great choice!

    I am a new follower :)

    My WoW pick, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to my sweet heaven of words. Please, feel free to say anything, and leave a link if you want me to visit your blog. Have a nice a day, and keep reading written words! And do remember to leave me a message if you're following me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails