Thursday, December 15, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday: Dec 14



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Seriously, no books pop out into my mind this week. Either the books I've been waiting for are out, or they're simply published, or was featured in WoW before.

Well, there's a few books I'd requested on NetGalley, and they're pretty awesome books too, and if I couldn't read them, I still want them when the books are published. So here goes.

New Girl by Paige Harbison
Out January 31, 2012

A contemporary young-adult retelling inspired by the classic 1938 romantic suspense bestseller Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. They call me 'New Girl'... Ever since I arrived at exclusive, prestigious Manderly Academy, that’s who I am. New girl. Unknown. But not unnoticed—because of her. Becca Normandy—that’s the name on everyone’s lips. The girl whose picture I see everywhere. The girl I can’t compare to. I mean, her going missing is the only reason a spot opened up for me at the academy. And everyone stares at me like it’s my fault. Except for Max Holloway—the boy whose name shouldn’t be spoken. At least, not by me. Everyone thinks of him as Becca’s boyfriend…but she’s gone, and here I am, replacing her. I wish it were that easy. Sometimes, when I think of Max, I can imagine how Becca’s life was so much better than mine could ever be. And maybe she’s still out there, waiting to take it back.


Another Jekyll, Another Hyde by Daniel and Dina Nayeri
Out March 13, 2012

When his billionaire father marries French governess Nicola Vileroy, high society is all abuzz-but Thomas, the most popular student at Marlowe, is just plain high. Ever since his girlfriend Belle dumped him, he's been spending less time with old friends and more time getting wasted at clubs. But after someone slips him a designer drug one night-and his stepmother seems to know way too much about his private life-things really start to get scary. As Thomas's blackouts give way to a sinister voice inside his head, and as news of a vicious hate crime has students on edge, Thomas comes to the sickening realization that Madame Vileroy has made him a victim of a horrifying supernatural plan. How can he muster the strength and will to stop it? The pulse-quickening climax revisits Jekyll and Hyde as a current-day cautionary tale laced with a heady dose of paranormal intrigue.

 So, what are you waiting for?

1 comment:

  1. I just got New Girl and I'm really excited to read it. I love water covers!

    And I've seen Another Jekyll, Another Hyde around and it's definitely intriguing.

    Have an amazing reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to my sweet heaven of words. Please, feel free to say anything, and leave a link if you want me to visit your blog. Have a nice a day, and keep reading written words! And do remember to leave me a message if you're following me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails